I graduated from the Academy of Art University in 1998 and have been a freelance illustrator since then. My focus has been digital illustration, specifically vector art. Over the years, I've added some graphic design, animation, and interactivity to my skill set. In 2019, I earned certification from Adobe as an Adobe Certified Expert in Adobe Illustrator.
Jobs I've done have included:
- Logo and Icon Design
- Editorial Illustration
- Packaging Illustration
- Book Illustration and Layout
- Advertising Layout
In 2008 I started teaching at the Academy of Art University. The focus of the classes I've written is vector illustration and motion. This focuses on software like Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Animate. I really enjoy teaching. The process of troubleshooting and discovery involved, as well as helping students to learn to use vector tools, is exciting and gratifying.
Although my focus has been on vector tools and illustration, I'm also familiar with raster tools and page layout. For a more detailed list of the software I use and the clients I've worked for, see below.
Take a look at my portfolio. It's divided into categories so it should be easy to find the kinds of examples you may be interested in.
Authored/Taught at AAU:
- Digital Media 1: Photography & Imaging (Photoshop)
- Vector Illustration & Motion (Illustrator and Animate)
- Interactive Illustration (Animate)
- AA from Cuesta Community College - 1994
- BFA in Illustration – 1998
- Adobe Certified Expert in Adobe Illustrator - 2019
- Paper, Pencil, Pen, iPad
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe Animate CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Biocodex, Inc.
- Blue Restaurant
- Commish Kit
- Performance Computing magazine
- Rebel Bar
- Safeway, Canada
- Space Dog Books
- Tessitura Network
- Truck Bar
- Velvet Cantina Restaurant
- "Snark, Inc." published in 2002
- "The Amazing Snox Box" published in 2003
- The FUNhouse was a big part of my life for several years.
"...artists are magical beings. They're the only people other than the gods who can grant immortality." –Matt Ruff, Fool on the Hill
"The Strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." –Gene Roddenberry
"No artist knows everything... but since every artist knows more than he can tell, all art is lying by omission." –Glen Duncan, I, Lucifer